Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Beginning Of My International Music Trends Interest


1998 was the year when I am going to like international music. Many bands and solos were famous on that year, such as Green Day, Spice Girls, 911, Arkarna, Boyzone, Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, Madonna, U2, Shania Twain, Aaron Carter, Robbie Williams and many more... I remember Indonesian international chart was dominated with music from United Kingdom, then United States as the second place. MTv Asia was my favorite channel. After from school I will rush to open ANTv. ANTv was the TV station to play MTv, because at that time MTv is not stand alone like now.

My first album that I bought from my own money was Now That's What I Call Music! 4 of course in Indonesian edition, kinda similiar with Malaysian, Singaporean and Taiwanese edition. It was compilation album from various artists, like Spice Girls, 911, Aqua, 98 Degrees, Janet Jackson, Bryan Adams and many of them, especially EMI and PolyGram artist.

Until now, I still love to follow international music trends, and I can get them from internet. Technology brings easy to get information about music trends. Anyway, right now I am still looking the CD of Now 4, because I only had the cassette and I lost it. Do you know where I can find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment